Re: slashdot

> I've essentially come to the opinion that the GPL has no control over
> dynamic linking b/c it's something a user does in the privacy of his own
> home.

 Besides, what if I create a binary that links to a non-existant library. I
build the ELF structures by hand (?). Could you distribute a binary
version of this non-working software? Of course you could!
 Then someone creates the library, and it fits perfectly with the package.
The new library is no GPL'ed. You aren't allowed to distribute my package
any more?