Re: vat & tcl8.0.3

David Engel <dlengel@home.com> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 01, 1998 at 12:27:17PM -0700, Alex Romosan wrote:
> > can somebody who know more about tcl (maybe even the tcl maintainer)
> > take a look at this? i appreciate any help. thank you.
>
> I (the Tcl maintainer) don't have time to do this right now.  Sorry.

okay, i posted this a week ago, and since then i've been trying to
find the solution, with no luck though. i've searched the usenet
archives at altavista/dejanews, read the comp.lan.tcl newsgroup. there
is no mention of this problem. what i've discovered so far is that
none of the mbone programs which use embedded tcl (sdr/vat/vic/nt these
are the ones i know of) work with the current 8.0.3. they all crash
with the same error message:

  invalid command name "tcl_findLibrary"

they all work fine if downgrade to 8.0p2. i've tried compiling them
with tcl8.0p2-dev and then upgrading to 8.0.3 (as i said before) and
they don't work anymore.

i think this is a bug in tcl 8.0.3. i am willing to investigate this a
little bit further, but i need help. does anybody know of any programs
that use tcl translated to c and compiled into the executable? i want
to see if they work under tcl 8.0.3. all the mbone programs use the
same tcl2c(++) translator which might be the problem.

if we can't get this working by the freeze i propose we take these
packages out of the next stable release (i guess we won't have a
choice anyway). sorry to bother you all (and especially david) but i
need help (and i didn't really get any responses last time).

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |