Re: perl version depends

Le Thu, Oct 08, 1998 at 01:59:40AM +0200, Martin Schulze écrivait:
> Thus I believe it would need to use (>= 5.005-0)

 (>= 5.005) should work too, no ?

> (I thought that debian-devel had reached a consensous that it's not
> a good idea to change the perl version less than 14 days before
> the code freeze.)

I don't know what debian-devel reached, but in fact it seems to me that just
a few people are interested by perl. :-)

Some asked to wait, other wanted to switch right now in order to avoid
making perl conflict with 35 packages with precise version. In fact perl5.005
uses also new directories for installing modules and that's the current
problem. I proposed a little perl policy for managing it.

John Lapeyre has made a good summary of solutions available. In fact
Perl5.005 is in unstable and some packages (like eperl) have already
been updated and uploaded for using perl5.005.

If we are able to decide if this perl policy is ok, then we can start
to work and it can be done quickly since the only thing to do is to
add a litlle "LIB=.../perl5/debian" in source package and rebuild it.

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël ¤ 0C4CABF1 ¤ http://www.mygale.org/~hra/