Re: perl version depends

Darren Stalder wrote:
> Is it possible for dpkg to have a depends line similar to:
> Depends: perl (=5.005)
> and have that include 5.005-\d+?  Or will I need to put a

= means equal.  I guess it's logical that 5.005 != 5.005-1

Thus I believe it would need to use (>= 5.005-0)
> Provides: perl5.005
> in so that packages can depend on that?
>
> (Note that I did say that this would break *all* debian installed
> packages in the change release.)

(I thought that debian-devel had reached a consensous that it's not
a good idea to change the perl version less than 14 days before
the code freeze.)

Regards,

	Joey

--
There are lies, statistics and benchmarks.