Re: How about using bzip2 as the standard *.deb compression format?

Right now I'm using a 200MMX with 64MB, which used to be a 133MHz with
64MB and I always found the speed of dpkg perfectly acceptable. Are you
using the outdated dselect method that scans every single package every
time you install one little component, and do have like 400 packages
installed with 60,000 files on your disk? Please fully consider all the
points I made in my other emails.

Christopher