Re: PGP in the US (Re: formal documents)

Gregory S. Stark writes:

> It might not be legal for someone to give him PGP or explain how crypto
> works even while he's in the US.
> In any case it wouldn't be you breaking the law, but the person helping
> you use PGP.

If the person you give the 'munition' to exports it, you may be prosecuted
if the Government thinks that you had reason to believe that he might do
so.  Him being a non-resident alien is considered such a reason.  However,
if he does not export it no law has been broken.