formal documents

hi, I have a question about the procedure to become a maintainer.

====
   You should also include some mechanism by which we can verify your
   real-life identity. For example, any of the following mechanisms would
   suffice:
     * A PGP or RSA key signed by any well-known signature, such as any
       current Debian developer.
     * A scanned (or physically mailed) copy of any formal documents
       certifying your identity (such as a birth certificate, national ID
       card, U.S. Driver's License, etc.). Please sign the image with
       your PGP or RSA key.
====

Do you accept a passport as the above formal documents ?
How about Japan Driver's License ? (this is written only in
Japanese though)

Thanks.

--
Kikutani, Makoto  kikutani@sprintmail.com