Re: Switch to perl-5.005_02 ?
>>"Raphael" == Raphael Hertzog <email@example.com> writes:
Raphael> Le Sat, Oct 03, 1998 at 07:21:06PM +0200, Richard Braakman écrivait:
>> Let's wait till *after* the freeze and do that in the new unstable.
>> Frankly, I think it's a bad idea to just break all those packages. Isn't
>> there some way to create a smooth upgrade path?
Raphael> No. But it might no be a great problem, I tried to see how
Raphael> many packages would be broken :
Raphael> That makes 35 packages. Really not unreachable. I can fill
Raphael> the bugreports if needed.
Please, no. The freeze is now less than two weeks away (if I
remember correctly). Surely we can wait until after the freeze?
Otherwise we start into the freeze with 35 broken packages.
Our track record is bad enough that we should not tempt the
fates before the freeze anyway.
We are trying to get into a more frequent release cycle, which
means changes like this should happen early in the release,
not at the tail end.
In fact, maybe we should consider a soft freeze in effect two
weeks before the real freeze -- right around now.
who would really like to have a release before christmas this time;
preferably by november, to catch the holiday season.
Murray's Rule: Any country with "democratic" in the title isn't.
Manoj Srivastava <firstname.lastname@example.org> <http://www.datasync.com/%7Esrivasta/>
Key C7261095 fingerprint = CB D9 F4 12 68 07 E4 05 CC 2D 27 12 1D F5 E8 6E