Re: Gnome 0.30 x KDE.

Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org> writes:

> > If it's easy for you to do, I guess that would fix the problem...
> >
> > I'll let you decide.  It's not urgent, since Gnome is just alpha
> > quality stuff.
> >
> You mean, you can't change the path used by the panel? That's kind of
> bad I would say. So you better change it in GNOME then, it's a question
> of flexibility :)

In Gnome, it needs to be changed several places in the code.  I agree
it's not optimal.  If I were to change it, it would be best to add a
configure switch, add it to a config file (or something similar to
gtk-config) and write some M4 macros so the location could be picked
up by other Gnome apps.  That's pretty extensive, so that all should
be done upstream.  It might just be easiest to convince the upstream
guys to choose a different name for that directory.

I'm OK with doing all this, but it's a lot of work for me...

What do you think is the best thing to do?

Cheers,

 - Jim