Re: Back to RedHat

On Thu, Sep 24, 1998 at 09:46:49AM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:
> On Wed 23 Sep 1998, Bob McElrath wrote:
> > 2) Few (if any) duplicate functionality packages.  For instance, Debian
> > comes with like 7 mail-delivery-agents.  What's with that?  To a new user,
> > it's not clear which is best, and at times, even that you can only choose

Then install the default. Install all the default packages, and then
sort through the other 1600 to see what else you need. There's no need
to look through them all at install time.

Perhaps the installation should only install the basics and not run dselect?
My only problem with that idea is that it means I would have to install
emacs and then remove it, rather than before it is installed :-)

Hamish