Re: New relases of GNOME / The redhat and GNOME relationship

You know, as I said to the original poster of this message.. it's sad that
we now have two desktop enviroments.. one of which is highly developed but
non-DFSG free, and one that is GPL'd and DSFG free by nature but is
becoming a living and breathing advertisement for Redhat.  It's a shame
that the GPL is being used in such a way.

I mean, think about it.. people backlashed harshly against KDE's use of
QT.. and now we're seeing redhat literally BRAG about how it's doing
GNOME.  The authors and designers are not thanking the Linux
community...only redhat.  And to make matters worse, they throw in a blurb
about the Debian maintainers being slow.

And for the record...

No, Redhat does NOT compile and test GNOME.  USERS do.  Redhat just pays
them off by giving them webspace.

Jarrod