Re: POP3 daemons in Debian

On Sep 24, Lalo Martins decided to present us with:

> On ancient times, inetd had a pop3 daemon - the "original" BSD
> thing. I still have the code lurking around, I think. Anyone
> know what happened to it?

Ok, here it is. I still would like to know why it was removed
from debian, but the original code can be retrieved from
ftp://ftp.ucdavis.edu/unix-public - it has a BSD license, so it
can be packaged. It's ancient, won't have lots of features, but
it's POP3, and of course it's Free Software - meaning it can be
improved.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
     And the sign said the words of the prophets
 are written on the subway walls and tenement halls

Free Software Union       --       http://www.fslu.org