Re: Upgrade & Kernel Problems

>> >then the screen gets blank and the system reboots.
>>
>> This is a common problem with many laptops and desktops - in particular,
the
>>Toshiba Tecras.... I'm running a 740CDT and have experienced the same
>> problems in the past....  I've seen lots of info that this problem
exists,
>> but not *why*.
>
>kernel-package does all that just like doing it by hand.  You need to have
>kernel with tecra drivers in it, that's all.  What the "tecra drivers" are
>can't be sure, but you need them whatever they are.

No, there are no "tecra drivers"....   Whatever kernel-package is doing,
it's making kernel's that are not compatible with tecra (and other)
notebooks....

Like I said, I did what works for me - and that's making kernels "by hand".
I've never seen any mention of *why* the base kernels don't work, only that
they don't.  So, until I know the why, I'll stick with what works.

Later,
Kevin