Re: Uploaded dpkg 1.4.0.28 (source i386 all) to master

On Fri, Sep 18, 1998 at 06:52:16PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:
> >    * Added gpg (GNU Privacy Guard) support:
> >      * scripts/buildpackage.sh: default to GPG (unless no GPG, but only
> >        a PGP secret key file is found), as GPG, unlike PGP, is DFSG-free.
>
> Please reconsider this: this would mean all packages will be rejected
> since dinstall doesn't support GPG yet.

I've made patches for this; they're either already in Guy's mailbox, or will
be soon.

> I understand you feel we should use DFSG-free software (and agree), but I
> think you are going a bit too fast here.

If GPG signing cannot be done, the code falls back to using PGP. If GPG
signing can be done, but you wish to use PGP signing, you can use the
argument "-ppgp -spgp".

Ray
--
Obsig: developing a new sig