Re: How to correct section in archive?

On Mon 21 Sep 1998, Adam P. Harris wrote:
> Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> writes:
> > Joost Witteveen wrote:
> > > Does anyone here know how/who I can ask to put the section of
> > > librticks right? (The right section probably is `devel').
> >
> > Submitting a bugreport to ftp.debian.org is the best way.
> > The package is in "utils" now, as suggested in that bugreport.
>
> Actually just uploading a new version of the pkg with the correction
> section/subsection should do it.  The new version of the

The point is that the original package had the correct section listed,
it was just misplaced by the archive maintainers. Hence, uploading a
next version probably doesn't guarantee that this will be corrected...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands