Re: netstd and ssh(d)

On Mon, 21 September 1998 01:53:30 +1000, Martin Mitchell wrote:
> Not at all, I think many of us require these daemons. If you want them
> disabled, you can always edit the conffiles, that's why they exist.

Yesterday I needed snmpwalk but *no* snmpd.
It was annoying until I edited /etc/init.d/snmpd or somesuch and did a
simple "exit 0" at the beginning and all was fine.

Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly. It just happens
to be very selective about who it decides to make friends with.
Alexander Koch - <>< - aka Efraim - PGP - 0xE7694969 - Hannover - Germany