Re: Intent to package: Malaga

On Sat, 19 Sep 1998, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:

antkai>http://www.linguistik.uni-erlangen.de/Malaga.en.html
antkai>
antkai>Malaga is "a system for automatic language analysis", an

antkai>Malaga consists of a set of standalone programs, a library, and some
antkai>miscellanea.  They all can function without the others (except for
antkai>some of the miscellanea; they need the programs).  I'd personally put
antkai>them all into one .deb.  However, the Policy manual implies (§ 3.3.3)
antkai>that I must create at least two packages, one containing a shared
antkai>version and the other a static version of the library.  This is fine:
antkai>I can create libmalaga4.2 and libmalaga4.2-dev easily.  What should I
antkai>do about the standalone programs (which do not currently use the
antkai>library, BTW, although they share many modules witht it)?  Create a
antkai>separate binary package for them, the documentation and the
antkai>miscellanea?

	Sometimes people would put the programs into magala-bin

 eg,
||/ Name            Version        Description
+++-===============-==============-============================================
un  bitchx-bin      <none>         (no description available)
in  giflib-bin      <none>         (no description available)
un  ivtools-bin     <none>         (no description available)
ii  lesstif-bin     0.86.0-2       User binaries for LessTif.
un  libforms-bin    <none>         (no description available)
ii  ncurses-bin     1.9.9g-8.8     Video terminal manipulation -
associated pro
ii  svgalib-bin     1.3.0-0.3      SVGA display utilities
un  svgalib1-bin    <none>         (no description available)
ii  tetex-bin       0.9.980706-1   teTeX binary files
ii  xemacs20-bin    20.4-5         Editor and kitchen sink -- support
binaries

	Great that you got the license changed.

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>