FTP mirrors

[ Please CC me if replying I am not on the list for this month ]

Hopefully at least some of the mirror masters will catch this,

There have been some changes to the ftp mirror structure and more will be
coming. As some of you know we are slowly phasing out our ftp based
mirrors and moving to rsync and push-rsync. We have also begun to ask
mirrors to make their mirrors http and anon-rsync accessable and have
instituted a trace mechanism to help track problems.

Anyhow, if any of the following apply to you or someone you know please
email me..

  1) If you mirror off master and I don't know you are doing this then
     email me. If your mirror is a private mirror then please use
     rsync off debian.midco.net
  2) If you have a ftp mirror off ftp.debian.org and are interested in
     in moving to rsync or push-rsync
  3) If you run/know of a mirror not listed at
     http://www.debian.org/~jgg/Mirrors then email jgg-mirrors@debian.org
  4) If you run a mirror and want information on how to setup anon-rsync
     or http access
  5) If you run a ftp mirror I'd like you to write a file into
     project/trace after each mirror, ie:
       date -u > "${TO}/project/trace/`hostname -f`"

I have a script at http://www.debian.org/~archvsync that can be used for
anon-rsync off one of the rsync enabled mirrors, it does a few things..

Thanks,
Jason
Debian-Admin