Re: FTP mirrors

> There have been some changes to the ftp mirror structure and more will be
> coming. As some of you know we are slowly phasing out our ftp based
> mirrors and moving to rsync and push-rsync. We have also begun to ask
> mirrors to make their mirrors http and anon-rsync accessable and have
> instituted a trace mechanism to help track problems.

I'd like to change our (informal) policy to require that all official
mirrors mirror both the ftp and web archives. This would allow us to
place links on the web pages directly into the archive.

Jason, hopefully I'll have time to look into setting up push mirroring
for the web pages in about 2 weeks.

Jay Treacy