Re: Info sucks?

Quoting john@dhh.gt.org (john@dhh.gt.org):
> Avery writes:
> > To put it clearly: people who call _any_ text-mode Unix program's UI
> > intuitive need to have their head seriously examined...
>
> Anyone who calls *any* UI intuitive needs to have his head seriously
> examined.

Stepping out of the computer world for a moment, *some* doorknobs have
intuitive UIs.  (And far too many do not.)

"The Psychology of Everyday Things" contains lots of examples of UIs,
both good and bad, and the principles behind them.  I would go so far as
to say it should be compulsory reading for anyone designing any tool, be
it an editor or a pen.

@Book{,
  author =       {Donald A. Norman},
  title =        {The Psychology of Everyday Things},
  publisher =    {Basic Books},
  year =         {1988},
  address =      {New York},
}