Re: Info sucks?

>>"Joseph" == Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@earthlink.net> writes:

 Joseph> However, it's probably the opinion of anyone who has used a
 Joseph> CUA editor that it is in fact simple.

 Joseph> The most defining feature of CUA is the block functions.
 Joseph> Arrows move the cursor, that's certainly easy enough.

	Works the same way in emacs.

 Joseph> Shift-arrows mark a block--that is not a logical extention if
 Joseph> you didn't know about it, but once you did you'd probably
 Joseph> remark that you can see how shift-arrows would make sense.

	Reallly? I would have thought that shift arrows move by
 paragraphs, or pages, really. Why mark? In Emacs, you mark a point --
 and the marked region is between that mark and point. Quite
 intuitive, really.

	Since this opinion fest is nt dying down on its own. let me
 add that to me, emacs is waaaaaaay more intuitive than CDA on
 this point.

 Joseph> The cut/copy/paste being connected logically to modifications
 Joseph> of insert and delete is also not a great leap considering
 Joseph> that is what cut/paste is.

	Same in emacs. You cut/sopy a regions, you can paste it in --
 very easy, both with keystrokes or mouse gestures. Not a great leap
 at all.

 Joseph> I'll never understand why they use ^y for line deletion, I
 Joseph> guess that's a kickback to the first CUA editors also being
 Joseph> wordstar compatible, but that's also not a command a novice
 Joseph> wants/needs right away.  Someone who knows computers and
 Joseph> other editors sure, but not a novice to computers.

	EEEK. ANd this is supposed to be an intuitive editor? The
 whole world knows that ^k kills line. Even on the command line ;-)

 >> manoj
 >> who is rapidly getting convinced about the sentience of his random
 >> sig generator
 >> --
 >> > No manual is ever necessary.
 >> May I politely interject here: BULLSHIT.  That's the biggest Apple lie of all!
 >> -- Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of interfaces
 >> Manoj Srivastava  <srivasta@acm.org> <http://www.datasync.com/%7Esrivasta/>

 Joseph> whoa...  does that thing use any sort of keywords or is it just totally
 Joseph> random???

	No keywords. It is part of the mail-buffer setup process. Let
 me rephrase. *I* have added no such keyword scans, and to the best of
 my knowledge nothing in the mix of decades old elisp does either. But
 if it has reached sentience, who knows what it does?

Once upon this midnight incoherent,
While you pondered sentient and crystalline,
Over many a broken and subordinate
Volume of gnarly lore,
While I pestered, nearly singing,
Sudddenly there came a hewing,