Re: Info sucks?

On Wed, Sep 16, 1998 at 12:45:19AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>  Joseph> CUA is simple and efficient.
>
> 	Opinion.

You can't touch this subject without it.  However, it's probably the opinion
of anyone who has used a CUA editor that it is in fact simple.  The most
defining feature of CUA is the block functions.  Arrows move the cursor,
that's certainly easy enough.  Shift-arrows mark a block--that is not a
logical extention if you didn't know about it, but once you did you'd
probably remark that you can see how shift-arrows would make sense.  The
cut/copy/paste being connected logically to modifications of insert and
delete is also not a great leap considering that is what cut/paste is.

I'll never understand why they use ^y for line deletion, I guess that's a
kickback to the first CUA editors also being wordstar compatible, but that's
also not a command a novice wants/needs right away.  Someone who knows
computers and other editors sure, but not a novice to computers.

> 	Heck, for *me*, emacs is simple, efficient, and ``intuitive''.
>  So intuitive, in fact, that my finger know how to do several tasks
>  that my conscious brain does not, without effort, recall.  So there.

what was that acronym?  e(?) meta alt control shift or something...?

> 	I don't think we can ever reach a conclusion on this topic.
>
> 	manoj
>  who is rapidly getting convinced about the sentience of his random
>  sig generator
> --
> > No manual is ever necessary.
> May I politely interject here: BULLSHIT.  That's the biggest Apple lie of all!
>         -- Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of interfaces
> Manoj Srivastava  <srivasta@acm.org> <http://www.datasync.com/%7Esrivasta/>

whoa...  does that thing use any sort of keywords or is it just totally
random???