Re: Info sucks?

Hi,
>>"Hamish" == Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

 Hamish> The keys are completely non-intuitive. I have read the help;
 Hamish> two hours later, I cannot remember how to use info. It takes
 Hamish> significant effort to learn anything which is
 Hamish> non-intuitive. emacs is similarly counter-intuitive, which is
 Hamish> why I use nvi.

	Now you have departed from technical discussions of feature
 sets to something totally subjective. There can never be any user
 interface that is totally intuitive for all humans. No matter what
 one does, there shall be people who shall find it non-intuitive.

	I know what you mean about deterirating short term memory as
 one grows older. However, thankfully, I have not yet reached the
 point where I can't remember vi keystrokes, though I only use vi once
 in a blue moon.

	manoj
--
 Gummidge's Law: The amount of expertise varies in inverse proportion
 to the number of statements understood by the general public.