Re: Are we going with X_LOCALE or not?

I don't know why X_LOCALE has been finally defined.  It just
appeared as a *bug fix*.

About the status of i18n in libc6, I know the current
released version of libc6 (or glibc2) only supports
single-byte charsets and UTF-8 unicode, and some work is in
progress for some future version.  In addition, there is
another i18n implementation by a leading member of Debian JP
group that is being tested publicly.

I think it is nice for Debian to keep compatibility with
others, too.  But I also understand some users want i18n in
X today.  It may be necessary to hurry.

--
Kaz Sasayama <Kaz.Sasayama@hypercore.co.jp>
Hypercore Software Design, Ltd. <URL:http://www.hypercore.co.jp/>