Re: Ratifying the constitution

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Santiago Vila wrote:

 : On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Dale Scheetz wrote:
 :
 : > On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Santiago Vila wrote:
 : >
 : > > Would be possible to "test" the constitution before approving it?
 : > > [ Something like the vote on Mexican food or steak ].
 : >
 : > What kind of vote do you see as a "test"?
 :
 : None. The "testing" would be something like "we are going to act as if the
 : constitution were really approved", but before approving it, and only for
 : a limited time (one week, two weeks).
 :
 : There may be unexpected problems, or wanted features, that we could be
 : missing because they are not self-evident just by reading the
 : constitution.

So why don't you ratify the constitution, and propose amendments as new
and unforeseen difficulties arise?  That model has worked in the past.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD