Re: Why won't patch create new files?

Hi Oliver,

> I'm trying to use `dpkg-source -x' but it is refusing to create files
> from the diff that do not exist in the original.  For example:
>
> ===========
> dpkg-source -x /cdrom/debian/hamm/hamm/source/utils/patch_2.5-2.dsc
> dpkg-source: extracting patch in patch-2.5
[... cut ...]
> dpkg-source: failure: patch gave error exit status 1
> ===========

For me:

$ dpkg-source -x patch_2.5-2.dsc
dpkg-source: extracting patch in patch-2.5

And everything seems to be fine, eg. the package builds cleanly
with

$ cd patch-2.5
$ dpkg-buildpackag -b -us -uc -rsudo

> Versions:
>   patch           2.5-2
>   dpkg-dev        1.4.0.23.2

I have the same versions. There must be something else...
Perhaps you can give some more info?

regards,
Philipp