Re: Fwd: hc-cron-0.9beta - cron for home computers

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Maybe. But I read the announcement on cola, and the whole reason for
> creating hc-cron was because anacron is another program to start up
> during boot. IMHO, this is poor justification and makes me question
> the whole thing generally.

I agree that's a silly reason to write it. What I read about the design,
though, seemed better than anacron for most purposes. Unlike anacron, this
could be a drop in replacement for normal cron, w/o requiring the admin
change anything.

--
see shy jo