Re: software licensing

Marcus writes:
> But firing the employee is not necessary for mobbing.

mobbing?

> Creating bad working conditions at the work place is much worse, and I
> think the social and psychological pressure is much more important in
> such a case (preventing the employee from making use of his rights).

The GPL is not contract, nor is it a code of social rights, or a civil or
criminal statute.  It is just a conditional grant of the right to copy.  It
would almost certainly be legal for a US employer to forbid his employees
to give out copies of the employer's GPL software.  It also would be stupid
and unenforceable.  I don't really see that it is ever likely to be a
problem in practice.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)