Re: gnustep &c...

At 20:15 -0700 1998-09-01, Larry 'Daffy' Daffner wrote:
>with the current layout. From a technical standpoint, the GNUstep
>directory needs to be layed out as it is to agree with the OPENstep
>standards.
>
>The only real options for the location of the GNUstep directory are
>/usr/lib/GNUstep and /opt/GNUstep. It would look kind of funny off in
>/opt, especially since we've determined that /opt is for non-Debian
>applications.

We can't possibly have a /opt policy, since we aren't officially (i.e. as
per the policy manual) using FHS yet. I personally don't see why we can't
use /opt for large subsystems such as GNUstep, /usr/lib/GNUstep is wrong,
/usr/GNUstep is wrong, /opt/GNUstep is really the only place GNUstep can be
put both without stepping on the OPENstep standards, the FHS, or both.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>        <URL:http://web.espy.org/>