Re: [gnu.gnustep.discuss] Debian package of gstep-xraw

    until a year ago I played a lot with the GNUstep stuff.
I think that the non-conformant layout is not a valid reason to put
the packages in contrib. I think GNUstep can be though as something
like teTeX that keeps everything in /usr/lib and the binaries in
/usr/bin. GNUstep can be adapted by simply simlinking the bins or
by moving them to /usr/bin.

    Another problem is (well, was.. I don't know if that was solved)
that the gstep-make package doesn't set right the sonames of the shared
libs, i.e., it doesn't uses the major version of the library as part
of the soname. I wrote to the gnustep list about that and I also sent
some diffs but they didn't incorporated them and told me they weren't
interested in that (this is the main reason of me quitting to track
the gnustep stuff *grin*)