Re: Intent To Package: GLE 3.3h
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Intent To Package: GLE 3.3h
- From: "Christian T. Steigies" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 10:08:30 +0200 (MET DST)
- Message-id: <Pine.SOL.3.95.980901095954.16032A-100000@sam>
- In-reply-to: <19980831232511.A594@weh.rwth-aachen.de>
On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Holger Eitzenberger wrote:
> i intent to package GLE (Graphics Language Editor) , a nifty little
> graphics program to create graphics interactively and from scripts. From
> the readme (gle.txt):
the program is neat indeed. But you know that nothing has been done on the
source for a very long time? The program is good anyway, but not further
> One question: the linux port was made by a person called Axel Rohde
> whos email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) is outdated. I don't
> exactly know which changes he made. Do i need also his permission to
> release this package?
He left university about 6 months ago. Are you sure he did the linux port?
If so, he did only subtle changes in the makefile I gather. But what he did
is the DOS and OS/2 port. Again, I _think_ he did only small changes in
the makefile. Plus a few bugfixes which were needed in our group. I can try
to ask around, perhaps I can find his latest code. But I dont have his
current email address, he went for work somewhere down south...