Re: Request for feature: adduser --alias

Michael Meskes <meskes@online-club.de> wrote:
> But it may already be running.

It's more likely that a root shell is already running, and/or that a
getty is running.

sash isn't needed for the case where a root shell is already running, and
is useful for only some of the cases where a getty is already running
(because /bin/login also needs to run).  I'm seriously considering
adding a statically linked /bin/login (which diverts the dynamically
linked /bin/login) but I'll need to study pam for a bit before I decide
if that's really viable.

--
Raul