Re: Name clashes [Was: Intent to package: molecular biology programs

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> For instance, the Phylip package has a "factor" program and shellutils has one, too. How should we handle such situations on Debian?
>
> 1) Add a diversion: no, the two "factor" are completely unrelated.
> 2) rename Phylip's factor to phylip-factor. But it confuses users who will not find it. And it's not consistent (or should I rename all programs phylip-*?)

Or call it pfactor.  At least this would be the appropriate action.

Regards,

	Joey

PS: If you would trim your lines to 76 characters maximum the mails
would be easier to read.

--
VFS: no free i-nodes, contact Linus  -- finlandia, Feb '94