Re: Naming of new 2.0 release

Hi,
>>"Steve" == Steve Lamb <morpheus@calweb.com> writes:

 Steve> The both *MEAN* the same.  I didn't say they *ARE* the same.
 Steve> Mean the same.  They both mean Major version 2, minor version
 Steve> 0, revision 1.

	In other words, they are technically indistinguishable, and
	now you are worried about aesthetics.

 Steve> The difference is that one follows the standard numbering
 Steve> scheme that has been in place for years,

	Not a ``standard'' numbering scheme, but just one of a
  plethora of conventions that people have followed. (If you think it
  is a standard, point to the standards document which states
  that). Even as a convention it is far from universally followed.

 Steve> and the other is in place because vendors wanted something to
 Steve> allow them to continue to sell their stock.  Take a guess
 Steve> which is which.

	Oh, Jeeze. Debian wants silver CD's. It is a hardship for some
 of our users not to have silver CD's (just because you don't use them
 means nothing). CD vendors need to profit to sell cd's. Debian has a
 problem. Debian came up with a solution with a numbering scheme
 technically indistinguishable.

	You ignore the problem of our users needing silver CD's.

	manoj
--
 Someone did a study of the three most-often-heard phrases in New York
 City.  One is "Hey, taxi."  Two is, "What train do I take to get to