Re: Bugs ?

Michael Bramer wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 1998 at 11:17:09AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Michael Bramer wrote:
> > > 1.) /bin/csh is a link to /etc/alternatives/csh and /etc/alternatives/csh is a
> > >     link to /usr/bin/tcsh. is this right?
> >
> > Since we have both tcsh and csh this is correct.  We have both shells, right?
>
> Yes we have both shells.
> csh is in /usr/bin/ too. But is this the right Place? The link to
> /etc/alternatives/csh is IMHO ok. But the link to a non-boot-dir (/usr) from
> a boot-dir (/bin) is IMHO not ok. (at boottime the user/the scripts found
> /bin/csh, but it is a dead link.)
Where did that link come from? It's not on the csh package.
csh is installed in usr/bin/csh as it should and so is tcsh.

As for the internationalisation of tcsh, I guess I have answered him
personally already as he mailed me last night. The main problem is a compile
time bug in libc6 that its maintainer hasn't dealt with yet.

I can't remember the number but you can go and check it. Look for me as the
reporter.

Luis.
(Debian TCSH Maintainer)
--
Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk>
PGP Fingerprint = F8 B1 13 DE 22 22 94 A1  14 BE 95 8E 49 39 78 76