Re: [RFC] Exim as standard Debian MTA?

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998 23:18:02 -0600 (MDT), Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

>If anything that is the worst part of exim :| It's configuration format
>still seems complicated to me. vmailer would be a good choice if it has
>a simple configuration that doesn't need alot of sophistation to
>understand. This is something I've always thought qmail did well.

    Take a look at Sendmail configuration some time.  Early in its
development they made concessions in the configuration format that made it
convenient for the program to parse it, not the human.  To this day they have
not shrugged off that legacy.  It is so bad that to effectively and
efficiently configure sendmail you have to use a seperate macro language and
then compile it into the configuration file!

    Exim is quite straight forward for anyone who takes the time to sit down
and read the docs and try to understand it.

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my