FW: Re: Vote taking software

I meant to send this to the list, too.

-----FW: Re: Vote taking software-----

Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:01:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Darren Benham <gecko@benham.net>
To: Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com>
Subject: Re: Vote taking software

I don't know if I agree.  Just because they didn't join (or even read) the
discussion doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to vote.  They are, after
all, maintainers.  I don't think it's SMART and they wouldn't be informed votes
but the democratic system doesn't require the voter to know what they're voting
about -- just look at the elections as we have them now :/

I'd probably suggest the following format:

        vote@lists.debian.org would be moderated.
        Votemaster would post/foward the proposal for discussion on that list
and include what list to join if you want to read/take part in the discussion
to the vote mail list.
        Votemaster places the CFV after the designated times and results to the
vote list...

This way, everybody who's voting will have had a chance to see the Proposal,
will know where to go for discussion and then will see the CFV.  The moderated
would ensure that discussions don't get carried out on the vote list but
instead on the list that it should be carried out on.

http://benham.net/index.html

--------------End of forwarded message-------------------------

http://benham.net/index.html