Re: Naming of new 2.0 release

On Thu, Aug 27, 1998 at 02:02:34PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Michael Bramer wrote:
> > Ok?
>
> This doesn't resolve the naming problem in any way.
>
> This just avoids new official cd images.
>
> This doesn't avoid cd vendors using the newest snapshot for making
> their own cd.

First: I have no problem with the 'r' in the Version of the CD.
       I have no problem with the '.' in the Version of the CD.

But after the mails and a thoughts about the CD release, I think the patch-cd
is the best way.

The hamm-cd-iamges are software with a very good quality. A 'normal' user
don't need the patch-cd. And if he need one or two programs, he can download
it from ftp.debian.org.

If we make cd's between the image-set, than we should make a patch-cd.
The vendors have only one cd-set and no problem with the versions.

A vendors can make the patch-cd, if he see a market for this cd.

in short: no cd-set, no problem.

Grisu
--
Michael Bramer - a Debian Certified Linux Developer        http://www.debian.org