Re: Naming of new 2.0 release

Hi,
>>"Steve" == Steve Lamb <morpheus@calweb.com> writes:

 Steve> On Wed, Aug 26, 1998 at 02:21:37PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
 >> Steve Lamb <morpheus@calweb.com> wrote:
 >> >     In short, deception.
 >> No.

 Steve> How so?  As I've repeatedly stated, if someone asks for the
 Steve> latest version and gets a previous one is that not deception?

	If what you say were anywhere close to what were happening,
 you would be right. However, the latest release is 2.0.

 Steve> My priorities are where everyone's priorities in this project
 Steve> are, where they understand problems.  That is the whole point
 Steve> of having 2-300 people going over that.  In the KDE issue I
 Steve> have no clue why it is illegal for KDE (GPL'd) to link to QT
 Steve> when Trolltech's FAQ says it is ok.  To me the Debian Social
 Steve> Contract contradicts itself (No restrictions on code yet GPL
 Steve> code is restricted to be released under the GPL).  Since I
 Steve> don't clearly grasp those or they aren't worth my time
 Steve> fighting over (I don't like or use KDE, so to hell with it) I
 Steve> choose to focus my energies elsewhere.

	I see. You have consstently misunderstood the Debian project,
 and the licensing and freedom of software issues dear to the heart of
 the project. And now suddenly you know better than everyone (apart
 from liw, no one seems to side with you, really) what is good for the
 community?

	As in the cases you point out, I think you have, again, missed
 the point.

	manoj
--
 The speed of anything depends on the flow of everything.