Re: Naming of new 2.0 release

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998 15:25:47 -0400, Raul Miller wrote:

>>     How so?  As I've repeatedly stated, if someone asks for the latest
>> version and gets a previous one is that not deception?

>It's the same version of debian.

    But not the same revision.  It is not the latest release.

>Anyways, what about next week's security fix?  Or the one that
>comes in next month?

    That isn't the issue.  The issue is vendors not being able to rotate the
stock fast enough so now we're going to do a song and dance with the
numbering scheme to extend the shelf life of their stock.

>Yeah, that means you weren't paying attention.

    No, it means that I don't give a crap about KDE or what is linked to it.
I don't use it, I don't care about it.

>If you care, I've filed bug reports against all the kde packages
>where I noticed this happening.  That doesn't mean I found all
>of them [and I have reason to believe that I didn't].

    Bully for you.

>Too bad you haven't a clue what you're talking about.  You're great
>at rhetoric.

    Neither do you.  I jumped in on this issue because people were talking
about making concessions to venders because they over ordered stock.  What's
your point with security?

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my