Re: Commercial applications on Debian - What is libc.cat?

Rainer Dorsch <rainer@ralf.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:

   I have problems starting commercial applications on a Debian system. In detail:
   I installed maple on a Debian 1.3 system (2.0 does not change much). If I
   start it (xmaple) on the system, it works fine. If I log in remote form a SUN
   workstation, I get a segmentation fault (both using rsh and ssh). I have
   another program with the same problem. Short before crashing both applications
   do not find libc.cat. I am not sure if this is related to the crash, but it
   could at least.

How do the log outputs for remote access (crash) compare to the log
output for local access (success)?