Re: Naming of new 2.0 release

Johnie Ingram writes:
> It isn't -- the difference is a handful of packages, instead of
> practically every one as with a full release.

I thought that difference was security bug fixes and corrections to
autoup.sh and some of the install stuff.  If there are no important changes
why make a release at all?

> The CD vendors can continue to sell 2.0 with a clear concience because
> the apt upgrade to 2.0 r2 is quick and painless.

And this all due to replacing '.' with 'r'?

We seem to be doing this for the silver vendors.  Has anyone asked them
what they want?
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)