Re: Vote taking software

Hi,
>>"Turbo" == Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@tripnet.se> writes:

 Turbo> If nether of these will do for one reason or the other, I have
 Turbo> a little perl script that basicly plays a little tune in my
 Turbo> speakers _IF_ the mail is PGP signed (both in plain and
 Turbo> attached) AND the user alias (which runns the script) have
 Turbo> this person's PGP key in it's keyring...

	That would save me time. I would rather create a filter that
 takes in a mbox file, and filter out mail whose pgp signature do not
 match, and pass the rest to the vote taking software (being unixly
 modular).

	Could you please mail me a copy?

 Turbo> This can naturaly be expanded to take votes... It recognizes
 Turbo> both subject, and body... And I naturaly will put this under
 Turbo> GPL...

	I was thinking about writing a DFSG free vote taker. However,
 UseVote does a great deal more than just plain vote taking, and has
 infrastucture for different algorithms (Single transferable vote for
 multiple candidates and all); it has been tested (like [] not existing
 in EBDIC).

	It would take time to create something as featureful as
 UseVote, but I am not sure whether the effort is justified. Is there
 much market for GPL'ed vote taking software?

	manoj
--
 QOTD: "I used to jog, but the ice kept bouncing out of my glass."