Re: Can we do without non-free?

Joop Stakenborg wrote:

> Joey Hess wrote:
>

> > Those who don't want to work on non-free are welcome not to. There are
> > packages in non-free that have no counterpart in main.
> >

> Here is my point: we want to distribute FREE software. Why do we need to have
> a non-free section? What packages from non-free do we really need?

We make it possible even for lusers like me who are bound to use non-free
crap at work to benefit from the well designed system of Debian.  When I
had to take care about new versions there, too, I won't be able to do real
work since I'm not working as a sys admin.  I'm sure the same aplies to
other parties as well.

Regards,

	Joey

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        - Linus Torvalds