Re: Packages vs. files on mirrors

On Thu, Aug 20, 1998 at 12:57:32AM +0200, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:
> > > I really think mirror times should be stated in UTC and not in the local
> > > time for whatever timezone the mirror (or master) happens to be in.
> >
> > +0200 is 2 hours more than UTC.  This fall after the time change (if your
> > timezone honors daylight savings time) it'll be +0100.
>
> Yeah, sure. But that's my own timezone, right? I am not in CST, so I'd
> like to know the difference between CST and UTC when someone tells me
> something is going to happen at 1:30pm CST. Is there a program in Debian
> that can give me that information?

Nobody is using CST this time of year, they're using CDT and most people
don't know the difference because they don't realize not everyone uses
daylight savings time.  I'm in PDT, not PST.  CST is -0600, CDT is
-0500.  You're right, people should include times in UTC in addition to
their local times.