Re: Is NPL DFSG complient or not?

> I agree it sucks that I have to do this (although it's not too much of
> a hardship), I just see it as a necessary "gotcha" to the MPL.  People
> packaging MPL pkgs should be aware of this, and willing to fill the
> gap.  Otherwise, don't package it.

I'm not convinced that the [NM]PL requires that the source be made available
any longer than the binaries, if they are provided on the same medium, at the
same time (i.e.  FTP, or HTTP).

I interpret the second occurrence of the phrase

  Electronic Distribution Mechanism

as a reference back to the first, so that the part or the sentence prior to
the semi-colon is saying ``you can distribute the binaries either a) with,
or b) without the source'', and the bit after the semi-colon is saying ``If
you choose option b) then its up to you to let people get the source up to
12 (or 6) months later''.

We need to get them to clarify this though.

Cheers, Phil.