Re: intent to packge: FreeWrl vrml browser

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.Arizona.EDU> writes:
> 	If I am not mistaken, policy forbids one package from writing in a
> directory that is installed by another package.  It might be nice to have
> some kind of 'friends' mechanism.

You are.  Packages can write in dirs that other packages have created.
They just can conflict with each others files, and one package can't
mess with another one's files.

> 	I think the proper way , and what happens typically, is to include
> an interface program with a package A that package B can call in postinst
> to configure A to work together with B.  In this case we need one for
> netscape to install modules.

This isn't necessary, if the file simply has to be installed into
/usr/lib/netscape or whatever.