Re: new egcs debian packages -- testers and porters needed

On Fri, Aug 14, 1998 at 10:27:21AM +0200, jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:
> > We will have this problem again, if a new libstdc++ will be integrated in
> > egcs-1.2 ...
>
> We don't have a problem with packages requiring differenent versions of
> libstdc++ to run. We have problems if we want to have a setup in which we
> can compile against different versions of libstdc++.

It would mean violating the pristineness of the tarball, but after egcs
1.1 really ships (when?), would there be any problem with simply taking
the libstdc++ (and libg++?  Any others whose sovers have changed?) out
of the egcs 1.0 source, and giving them their own tarballs?  I don't
think there should be, since egcs configures fairly smoothly in subdirs
the tree.