Re: new egcs debian packages -- testers and porters needed

On Fri, Aug 14, 1998 at 09:49:48AM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Is it really necessary to keep three different compiler versions?
> (I see, that's necessary to keep gcc27 to compile the kernel, but this
> will change with 2.2 very soon (?))

Linus has declared a full feature freeze (see
http://www.lwn.net/980813/a/freeze.html).

> We will have this problem again, if a new libstdc++ will be integrated in
> egcs-1.2 ...

We don't have a problem with packages requiring differenent versions of
libstdc++ to run. We have problems if we want to have a setup in which we
can compile against different versions of libstdc++.

Are significant differences in the libstdc++ API expected? If not, I don't
think we should bother with supporting compiling against different versions.

Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.