Re: Slink Freeze Time

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

> First, fix all important bugs (and *all* bugs against ftp.debian.org
> if they are easy to fix).

We can never fix all important bugs because users keep filing them.
There will never be zero bugs.  All we can do is just pick a point in
time, freeze, and do QA for 4 weeks or so.  After the time is up, we
fall back on the hamm version for any package that can't be fixed.

Up until now we would make the release fixed and the schedule
flexible, ie. - we release everything when all the bugs are fixed.
We're going to now make the release flexible and the schedule fixed,
ie - we will release something every four months, but maybe not an
update to every package.

Guy